Saturday, February 21, 2009

More than a feeling(Part 1)


The question that has been asked over, and over again, "Is love a choice, or a feeling?". I loved the lyrics to the movie Fireproof.....

Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave

We look at dating, and all we see is teenagers having a crush on each other, what's the difference if people who are going to get married don't anything more than feelings? In Fireproof, it is clear that Caleb, and Catherine don't share the same feelings anymore. And the picture above, is the result of a marriage that is based on feelings. We can't truly love someone if we don't have Christ's love within us.

"How can I show love to somebody who over and over and over and over constantly rejects me?"

"That's a good question."

God did not look at the world, and "fall in love" with us. It was a choice.

God Bless!

3 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

Oh! I love this post! It's wonderful! My name is Hannah and we have much in common. Just thought I'd stop by! Wonderful blog and I will visit often. :)

In Christ,
~Rose

English Rose said...

Hi Rose!

I hope to see you comment more in the future! And I'm glad you liked the post.

God Bless!

English Rose

Moriah said...

You are so right! Love your blog!